A recent browse of the official Horse Eaters and Wild Horse Haters web site, United Horsemen, reveals a few new names in their list of leaders, those entrusted to carry forward the sickening goals of opening horse slaughter houses in America and encouraging people to eat horse meat (which is CARCINOGENIC, just a little detail you won’t hear from the horse eaters). The United Horsemen were also the sponsors of the Summit of the Horse, that disgusting New Year’s celebration of horse slaughter held in Las Vegas this year, orchestrated by Slaughterhouse Sue Wallis & Dave Doink Duquette.
Our SPOTLIGHT, Mindy Patterson, takes the new position of Development Director. Seems a President and VP were not enough head honchos for the U-H, so they added Mindy to the mix. A cursory review of Mindy’s accomplishments and experience reveals some of Mindy’s experience and qualifications for helping to run the bloodthirsty campaign:
- “Along with the usual roundup of horsemen, livestock owners, they also had “Mindy Patterson – Alliance for Truth, campaign to defeat HSUS Missouri Prop B,” the pro-puppy mill group that lost.” ~ quote from this article which was in fact a lovely synopsis by the animaltourism.com site, outlining all of the lies and tricks the horse eaters and haters strategized at their big bloody Scummit bash in Las Vegas at the beginning of 2011. This article is highly recommend reading, lots to learn about the misinformation and deceit these folks have to dish out.
- Mindy’s Alliance for Truth, Exposing Hidden Political Agendas iContact campaign page states: “The Alliance for Truth is fighting against Proposition B to save your industry and the Missouri economy. Animal Rights Activists and the Humane Society of the UnitedStates (HSUS) want to destroy animal ownership in America.” If you are wondering exactly what Prop B was – it was a state proposition from November 2010 in Missouri to rein in the ugly, despicable puppy mill industry that has run rampant in that state for years. Mindy likes puppy mills apparently so she fought it tooth and nail as the figurehead and main force of this campaign. But humane Missouri voters outnumbered the lowlifes who wish to retain the scourge of puppy mills and voted yes on the proposition which mandates a crack down on the operations of such cruel and disgusting “business”. Do you know anyone in your circle of family and friends who actually “likes” puppy mills? Or anyone who would even admit to such a thing? It’s sort of like endorsing animal abusers and killers…. oh, ah, what was I thinking, that’s exactly what the horse eaters and slaughter lovers would like to do! Be sure to read this link too, especially the first comment from “dogmom” which explains it is Missourians who wanted this law passed and why.
- Mindy was also a speaker at the previously mentioned slaughter Summit and her contribution was summarized as: “Mindy Patterson went on at length complaining about HSUS’s ability to pass Prop B, the puppy mill regulation initiative and talked about legislative efforts to overturn it. …… She encouraged people to stand up for agriculture and get to know their legislators.” Yup, Mindy must feel that puppy mills are part of agriculture and apparently she believes that farmers and others in agriculture should be allowed do anything they wish to animals with no restriction, not even for humane reasons. One has to wonder if she also agreed those cows should have been beaten in the dairy in Ohio last year or if the workers in California the year before should have been praised for “shoveling” downed cows using forklifts in order to get them to the slaughter floor? After all those were “management” and “handling” processes in the agriculture industry, so perhaps in Mindy’s eyes, the farmer or worker has a right to do whatever they wish to “do their job”. Just musing…
- BOYCOTT SUGGESTION: Mindy is a member of AnimalAgNet and apparently owns Omega Naturals, a company selling natural horse and dog treats. While her products look like great products, consumers have a right to know who and what they are supporting when they make purchases. We are all about truth here so we recommend our dear humane horse advocate readers find other suppliers of healthy treats for their dogs and horses because we sure wouldn’t like to help support Mindy on her mission to help legitimize the slaughter and eating of the horses of America.
- Mindy seems heavily involved with the Beef industry as well. We can’t be positive about this record but it’s very likely this is “our” Mindy. Given her advocacy work for puppy mill Prop B opposition was premised on the “fact” that there was an evil hidden political agenda behind that proposal, isn’t it quite hypocritical she presses forward for horse slaughter while not disclosing that she is in neck deep with the cattlemen? Doesn’t everyone know the cattlemen have one of the largest, most well funded lobbying groups in the country? Doesn’t that count for a hidden political agenda in Mindy’s world? Hmmm, perhaps Mindy is a rancher or perhaps there is an entire sub-industry of cattle ranchers who actually want to raise horses for slaughter to expand their market by shoving their vile suggestion that Americans begin eating horse down our throats. Or maybe Mindy is just shy and doesn’t like to mention all her accomplishments – she certainly didn’t share her affiliation with the cattlemen in her Summit bio but instead spotlighted her pro-puppy mill work. Here is a clip from a recent blog post made by an associate. Mindy is listed with 19 others who also attended this Beef industry sponsored training:
I am very proud to have been selected for the American National Cattlewomen (“ANCW”) National Beef Speakers Bureau (“NBSB”). A group of 20 women met in Denver, Colorado last week before the National Cattlemen’s Beef Association (“NCBA”) Annual Convention and Trade Show for three days of training. We spent one day honing our public speaking skills so that we may speak to consumers in our respected areas about the beef cattle industry. Last Monday, we toured the JBS feedlot near Greeley, Colorado. (~below this is the list of attendees including Mindy)
- It seems our SPOTLIGHT gal Mindy is also a board member of Missouri Equine Council which is a member of the America Horse Council, a group firmly in favor of slaughtering American horses right here in America – even though Americans don’t eat horse and the vast majority are solidly against it.
Looks like our gal Mindy is one busy little cruelty promoter what with her work supporting puppy mills and horse slaughter. We like to spread the truth around when we find it so others can be aware of who they are dealing with, who to watch for, who to boycott and who never to trust. All of our data can be verified in the links in this article but you’ll just have to excuse our opinions interspersed. We’re sure most of our readers will understand that we just cannot be silent in the face of such ugly findings.
Stay tuned for our next SPOTLIGHT. Feel free to share any suggestions for the SPOTLIGHT – we love hearing from our faithful readers with solid suggestions for our blog. For those readers who don’t like our suggestions to boycott Horse Haters and Slaughter proponents, we have this message: If you don’t want to be known as a Horse Hater or Slaughter Promoter, well, just don’t step up and tell the world about your evil tendencies then we’ll have nothing to report.